Our vision is to become a leading African node in a global network of digital scholarship, building an equitable data culture on the continent, and collaborating through open science towards good data practises in teaching, learning and research.
We champion all ethically open forms of digital scholarship, research, teaching and learning at the University of Cape Town, including the following:
- Data curation activities
- Geographic information systems (GIS)
- Data management planning (UCT DMP )
- Digitisation for digital preservation and access
- Training for research data management (RDM)
- Online platforms for showcasing (Ibali) and preservation (Izolo)
- A community of Data Stewards & Champions across the university
- Sharing and publishing of data on UCTs open data repository (ZivaHub )
We advocate for open science, to make research at UCT more efficient, collaborative, visible, accessible and reusable. We spearhead these practices at the libraries as UCTs contributions to a more equitable and sustainable social order in the higher education landscape.