Virtual support is available from Monday to Friday, 08h30 - 17h00.
Chancellor Oppenheimer Library
+27 21 650 3703
+27 21 650 3704
+27 21 650 3118
+27 21 650 3134
Health Sciences: +27 21 406 6138
Special Collections: +27 21 650 4089
Main and other Branch Libraries
Bongani Mayosi Health Sciences Library
WH Bell Music Library
The Principal Librarians listed below will make themselves available to support online teaching by:
- Becoming part of the online learning faculty teams
- Advising on open access alternatives to print only material
- Facilitating electronic purchase of material to support T&L
- Embedding electronic information resources in LibGuides
- Embedding electronic information resources in Vula
- Supporting the publication of OERs and the depositing of that in OpenUCT for wider dissemination and accessibility.
- Science and EBE: Amina Adam – email@example.com
- Law: Sadiq Keraan – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Sciences: Brandon Adams - email@example.com
- Commerce & CHED: Glynnis Johnson – Glynnis.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Humanities: Namhla Madini - email@example.com
Consult the Student Assignment/Project Orientation Guide for more information on:
- proper research elements and processes
- supplementary multi-media resources to reading lists
- subject guides
- writing and referencing
- research tips for assignments
|Bolus Herbarium Library
|Built Environment Library
|Digital Library Services
|Bongani Mayosi Health Sciences Library
|Hiddingh Hall Library
|Institute of Child Health Library
|Brand van Zyl Law Library
|WH Bell Music Library
UCT's open scholarship includes Open Education Resources, theses and dissertations.
The OpenUCT Repository has collections of UCT’s open scholarship on Open Education Resources, theses and dissertations (until December 2019), as well as other scholarly publications, such as journal articles, chapters in books, research reports and conference publications, to assist you with your research projects. More than 27 000 open access resources are freely available online and can be downloaded without incurring data costs.
A comprehensive list of over 80 million open textbooks has been compiled, consisting of subjects across the different disciplines. These free scholarly resources can be read online or downloaded to read offline, on various mobile devices.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Research Data Services
Secure access via UCT Single Sign-On
Secure access to the ZivaHub, UCT DMP and OSF platforms is available remotely via UCT single-sign-on. You can continue to upload, edit, share and publish your research outputs while off-campus.
Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
DLS Virtual TrainingAs part of UCT Libraries’ virtual library service offering, Digital Library Services is migrating its Lunchtime Lecture presentation series online. Learn more
Research in Digital TimesAre you wanting to upskill managing data in your research project? Learn skills from creating data management plans (DMPs) through to publishing data on repositories.
Connect with DLS
About our Virtual Library Service
Our virtual library service is centred on:
- delivery of electronic information to users
- continued support for the full suite of research data services online
- support for the online teaching programme
- Sourcing, where possible, open access books and e-versions of textbooks with multiple licenses to support the online teaching
- Facilitating access to additional information and knowledge resources that are being made available by publishers/vendors at this time
Librarians are providing learning and research support via an in-depth reference service which includes:
- lists of electronic information sources
- course and assignment support
- virtual research landscape analysis services to masters and PhD students
- reference management and literature reviews