Level 8, Health Sciences Library | Directions
The Training Room is a workshop and training space for faculty staff and students.
Maximum 25 people
Booking the Training Room
- UCT staff and students may request to use this venue between 08h30 and 17h00, Monday to Friday.
- The venue can accommodate a maximum of 25 people.
- The lift is very unreliable. If there are any people in the group who need to use the lift please keep this in mind.
- There is a projector and library staff can assist at the beginning of your session with connecting your laptop to the projector and to eduroam.
- However, we are not able to assist with any IT problems that may arise – unfortunately the Library has neither the skills nor staff time for this – therefore we strongly recommend that the presenter arrives at least 30 minutes before the start time to set up and address any issues there might be. If you have access to departmental IT support perhaps you could arrange for someone to be on stand-by in the event that you need any help at the time of your presentation.
- There are no catering facilities in the Library and eating and drinking are not allowed. Users should please use the cafeteria for refreshments or make other arrangements external to the Library.
- The presenter should please inform a library staff member when the presentation is finished so that we can lock the venue.
How to Book
Please email us your request to book the Training Room on Level 8 and include the following information:
- When you would like to book the venue
- How long you would like to use the venue
- Number of people expected